Announcement

Collapse

Plan Review Services

Advanced Code Group (ACG) has been performing plan review services for municipalities, architectural firms, third-party agencies, contractors and code officials for over 10 years with great success and response. We would be happy to assist you with your I-Code plan review needs, whether on a limited or full time basis. Plan review is performed by several experienced inspectors, certified as plan reviewers in different disciplines. We offer expedited plan review services electronically. This has been a well received process that eliminates reprinting of drawings. At the end of plan review, you have the option to accept an electronic stamp on the plans or submit the final, approved drawings for traditional stamping with return via FedEx. Why print, submit then print changes and submit again when this can be done just once?

We will always do our best to work within your budget and allotted timeframe. Feel free to contact our office at 1-877-223-4462 or email us at codes@inspectpa.com for further information or just to discuss your needs.

Thank you,

Jeff Remas
Advanced Code Group
www.InspectPA.com
See more
See less

Attic / Intersitial Space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attic / Intersitial Space

Wondering if anyone would happen to know where specifically the IBC defines interstitial space, or if an attic would be considered a specific type of inerstitial space?

Thanks in advance!

~ + ~

This information is from Wikipedia ( architecture ):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstitial_space_(architecture)

The illustration above is a conceptual drawing only, ...for a medical facility !

~ + ~

Comment

A "Intersitial Space" is a "concealed space"
      The IBC and NFPA 13 DEFINE "concealed space"
      “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”― Mark Twain

Comment

I hardly think wikipedia is a quotable resource from a building code standpoint. (Not that I didn't see this diagram online before my initial post.)

Having read this section, I do not see any specific reference to interstital space requirements. By your inference that an interstital space is a concealed space, could one also conclude that an "attic" qualifies as a concealed space seeing as attics are referenced in this section?

Comment

look in the definitons section
          Code compliance and inspections, leads to non-events

Comment

It does not really address a "real" interstitial space like in a VA hospital. The Wiki-picture is pretty accurate for what is done in these type of facilities. It is always a debate whether this is a concealed accessible space, an occupied floor, part of a floor-ceiling assembly, or other concept. The typical questions are whether it needs to be sprinklered and how to protect penetrations.

Comment

Working...
            X