Announcement

Collapse

Plan Review Services

Advanced Code Group (ACG) has been performing plan review services for municipalities, architectural firms, third-party agencies, contractors and code officials for over 10 years with great success and response. We would be happy to assist you with your I-Code plan review needs, whether on a limited or full time basis. Plan review is performed by several experienced inspectors, certified as plan reviewers in different disciplines. We offer expedited plan review services electronically. This has been a well received process that eliminates reprinting of drawings. At the end of plan review, you have the option to accept an electronic stamp on the plans or submit the final, approved drawings for traditional stamping with return via FedEx. Why print, submit then print changes and submit again when this can be done just once?

We will always do our best to work within your budget and allotted timeframe. Feel free to contact our office at 1-877-223-4462 or email us at codes@inspectpa.com for further information or just to discuss your needs.

Thank you,

Jeff Remas
Advanced Code Group
www.InspectPA.com
See more
See less

table 508.4 - why is F-2(low) protected from S-1, but F-1(moderate) is not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table 508.4 - why is F-2(low) protected from S-1, but F-1(moderate) is not?

In Table 508.4 the F1 occupancy has no separation requirement with S-1,
    but F-2 is 1 hour.

Why is an F-1:MODERATE hazard less restrictive with S-1
    than the F-2:LOW hazard with S-1?

thanks

Welcome to the board. F1 and S1 are considered about the same hazard. You are protecting the lower hazard F2 from the S1, not the other way.

Comment

Backwards thinking. Like coug dad said.
      Less is only more where more is no good. - FLW

Currently using 2006 ICC code cycle.

Comment

sdrawkcaB

I had this same question when I was reviewing some mixed use buildings.

If you have B occupancy, it needs to be separated from a S2 (low hazard storage) with a 2 hour separation.
        Increase the hazard of the storage to an S1, (moderate hazard) and voila, no separation required.

Seems counterintuitive to me. Increase the hazard, eliminate the required separation

Comment

Originally posted by righter101 View Post
          I had this same question when I was reviewing some mixed use buildings.

If you have B occupancy, it needs to be separated from a S2 (low hazard storage) with a 2 hour separation.
          Increase the hazard of the storage to an S1, (moderate hazard) and voila, no separation required.

Seems counterintuitive to me. Increase the hazard, eliminate the required separation
          That code provision doesn't exist in a vacuum. Construction type also plays a role in limiting the size of each occupancy - and there are thresholds for sprinklers as well.

Comment

Working...
          X