1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Gender neutral ganged restrooms for schools

Discussion in 'Accessibility' started by ADAguy, Jul 14, 2017.

1. ADAguy

ADAguy Sawhorse

Anyone crossed this bride yet? Seeking examples.

2. Keystone

Keystone Sawhorse

"Gender"
    "Neutral"
    "Ganged"
    "Restroom"

Those words don't mix, as a matter of fact immature thoughts come to my mind! What is this world coming to!!!

Sorry ADAguy, I don't mean to throw my thoughts into your post I just couldn't resist.

3. linnrg

linnrg Sawhorse

crossed bride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. cda

cda Sawhorse

5. tmurray

tmurray Sawhorse

We had them in university about 15 years ago when I lived in a co-ed dorm...

6. ADAguy

ADAguy Sawhorse

Thank you CDA; Keystone in California they do mix and then some.

Keystone likes this.
  7. cda

cda Sawhorse

So how are the airplanes going to comply??

8. ADAguy

ADAguy Sawhorse

Same way cruise ships do.

9. FLSTF01

FLSTF01 Sawhorse

The problem is the "ganged" part. In my view, single stall could be OK, but multiple stalls in a mixed gender setting.....BAD things can and will happen.

10. tmurray

tmurray Sawhorse

What exactly do you folks do in your washrooms down there anyway?

11. FLSTF01

FLSTF01 Sawhorse

Even if nothing legally wrong is done, some progressive do-gooder with an agenda will file file some sort of grievance or suit. It's bound to happen, in my opinion.

12. ADAguy

ADAguy Sawhorse

Already has, that is why California is making provisions for them. The LGT community has made this a Civil Rights issue.
    The issue is "out" in the open now and can't be put back in the bottle.
    Unfortunately "Bad" things can and will happen but they do in separate gender public restrooms too.

13. tmurray

tmurray Sawhorse

Isn't this on of those "social engineering codes" that Conarb argues against? As long as the proper number of facilities are provided, why should I care as an official how the business owner chooses to allocate them? Use gendered washrooms. unisex washrooms, whatever. as long as there are enough water closets and lavatories to serve your occupant load, I couldn't care less. If regional or federal governments want to create requirements, let them. They can police them too.

14. conarb

conarb Sawhorse

T Murray:

Canada to the rescue! A psychology professor at the University of Toronto has had the guts to refuse to go along with this civil rights BS, here he is in a 3 hour interview, he is really good and the first psychology professor who has ever been able to hold me for any length of time much less 3 straight hours, so bookmark this and come back some evening and watch his interview, it will be well worth your time I guarantee.

15. tmurray

tmurray Sawhorse

It seems to be a resurgence of Transcendentalism. If I feel like it's true it must be true, regardless of scientific evidence to the contrary. I see this on both the liberal and conservative sides. With regards to gender, I guess as a society we need to decide whether gender is strictly anatomical or if there is some involvement at a mental level as well. Unisex washrooms are just an attempt to not have to answer the question. Personally, this does not really impact me, so I couldn't care less about the answer. Define gender how ever you want, I'm still going to be me. Use gendered washrooms, use unisex washrooms, whatever you want. As long as I can use one when I need it I really don't care.

fatboy likes this.
  16. conarb

conarb Sawhorse

T Murray:

Looks like you aren't safe up there from the Orwellian world of American tyranny:

17. JCraver

JCraver Sawhorse

This is the ONLY reason I can find to be happy that our State takes care of publishing their own plumbing code and doing their own inspections. On the whole I think that's a poor way to govern, but if they want to deal with this "issue" and I don't have to, then I'm all for it.

18. ADAguy

ADAguy Sawhorse

Ah, "the old head in the sand defense" if I can't see them they must not be there.
    Another case of the "volcal minority" being louder than the "silent majority" who chose to sit back and complain behind their curtains.

19. conarb

conarb Sawhorse

Why do we care about perverted people? Here is a Harvard study on the dangers of diversity and multiculturalism.

20. ICE

ICE Sawhorse

This is awfull....women trash bathrooms.....

JCraver and steveray like this.