1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Howdy! Guest

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum' started by ICE, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ICE

ICE Sawhorse

What does it cost for whatever you take away from a visit to this forum? Well that depends on you. How often do you visit? Once a month...That's an expensive habit at $2.91 Or maybe you're a frugal sort like me so you visit daily for the bargain rate of 9.6 cents per day. Now we're talking...that's a habit I can afford.

Consider what you get from this forum.

I am an inspector.

I know that I don't know it all.

I have learned a great many things from the folks here.

I don't know how much I have spent so far but I know it's not $100.

The times that I have thought, "Well now, I'm glad I was here for that" have cost me under 25 cents apiece.

For less than a quarter I learned something that is important to me. You might as well say it's free.

So what about you?

If you are an inspector I've got it pegged, don't I.

If you are here, it is because you get it... you understand that we have an important task.

If you are the kind of person that I would enjoy having lunch with, I know that you appreciate this forum.

You architects with a question. What was that worth? What did your client spend for you to get the answer? Or more to the point, what did you benefit by your query here? It was worth a whole lot more than $35 now wasn't it. If $35 is too much for you, go ahead and ask another question.

Engineers...well you already know that I should be listening to you...not the other way around.

Tiger

#21 ICE, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
  2. JPohling

JPohling Sawhorse

I have found this to be an invaluable learning experience. Well worth the money invested. I have learned much in my short time here typically reading threads that I have very little knowledge about. Every once in awhile I can contribute where I have some expertise. But it truly feels like a family and the amassed knowledge is substantial. Ice, your pictures are always worth a chuckle first thing in the morning. Unfortunately I think they are a bit to close geographically for my comfort. The small fee charged to become a sawhorse is easily justified in the knowledge gained, or just for the entertainment value!

3. FM William Burns

FM William Burns Moderator

San Diego......... I was there a few weeks ago for my first time in CA. I have to say I had a totally biased opinion of California people being a native Floridian and I know I have not seen any other cities there but hands down to date........it was the nicest and most friendly larger city I have had the pleasure to visit.

4. JPohling

JPohling Sawhorse

I am a bit biased as a native, but I also have had the pleasure of living in some great cities, but I must agree. After all we are "Americas Finest City" says the chamber! Pretty much need to be a cross between a mountain goat and a camel if your gonna be a fireman outside the city though.

5. arnoldbrame

arnoldbrame Member

Hey guys, lets share our pics... What do you say? In a separate thread of course!!! :p

6. chris kennedy

chris kennedy Sawhorse

Welcome. post pics here.

7. fatboy

fatboy Administrator

Yes, Welcome arnoldbrame!

8. ICE

ICE Sawhorse

It is odd that cameras never caught on with this group.

9. mark handler

mark handler Sawhorse

10. ICE

ICE Sawhorse

I wonder what the numbers are now. Two thirds of the people that posted here are gone.

11. Pcinspector1

Pcinspector1 Platinum Member

Let's face it, "codes are just not fun anymore!

Ask conarb, he'll agree.

ICE likes this.
  12. ICE

ICE Sawhorse

Codes are riotous entertainment.
    I am always entertained and there is the occasional riot.

13. cda

cda Sawhorse

They come and go

I think Jar posted some numbers recently, showing good to go