1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Inspections software for small jurisdiction

Discussion in 'CAD / Software Discussion' started by CBOGUY, Sep 3, 2018.

1. CBOGUY

CBOGUY Registered User

Anyone knows a good building Inspection software for a jurisdiction of less than 10;000 residents And two inspectors? I Would like to use a tablet for field inspections.

Thank you,
    CBO

2. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

I am very curious about this myself.

3. Builder Bob

Builder Bob Sawhorse

Not sure about that, larger departments and software yes - used several myself..... small departments not sure if the permitting and inspection software would pay for itself....

4. tmurray

tmurray Sawhorse

We almost fit your criteria. 2 inspectors. 18000+ people. We use Mygov. It functions on tablets and phones fairly well. We have gone paperless from a records perspective with it.

5. Sifu

Sifu Gold Member

I think Avolve/ProjectDox prices itself based on the size of the jurisdiction so they may be an option. I haven't used it put they have pitched us and I liked it. We aren't much bigger in population than you, but we are mostly a business district.

6. steveray

steveray Sawhorse

Viewpoint/ Viewpermit I think you can pay by the record as well....

7. Chad Coffelt

Chad Coffelt Registered User

I use Govmotus its from IBTS works pretty good still young though so there are some bugs in the system

8. linnrg

linnrg Sawhorse

Can you share some thoughts on how much you spent on this?

I am in a jurisdiction that has not set aside any funds

9. tmurray

tmurray Sawhorse

Initial set up was a couple thousand dollars. It's a subscription base, so the ongoing costs are billed month to month. It's cloud based, so you can log in anywhere you have a web browser and an internet connection. Their up-time has been great in the 7 years we've been using them and they actually pro-rate any downtime they have. It's only happened once for less than 5 minutes for us.