1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Need to dump old building materials

Discussion in 'Green / Leed' started by Stuarthale, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Stuarthale

Stuarthale Registered User

We are moving into our new home next month. For that, I was removing all the unwanted items from my home. I don't want to mess my new home. My parents had passed away last year and their room was not touched since then. While cleaning out my parents unit, its full of old building materials, mostly wood (2x4's, old doors, desks). I have a little budget problem now to use a disposal service, so I am wondering if there is like a city dump where I can haul the stuff little by little in my SUV, and if there is, does it cost anything? there is a lot of stuff so it will take me a while, but if there is a place I can dump it, its the only option I have now.
    Also if there is a construction waste disposal service that can cost me a little then please do inform me

2. cda

cda Sawhorse

First call your city and see if there is a dump near by

Our city let’s us do two dumps a year for free

Than call your trash pick up people
    They sometimes will do oversize or large pile pickups maybe free maybe some cost, just pile it at the curb

Also ask them what size roll off dumpsters they have and cost, just drop it fill it and done

See if there are used construction material sales, they sale used stuff from places like cabinets doors etc

Lastly if you have the time

Just put some stuff at the curb especially metal and the scrappers will come by and pick what they need

Hire a teenager with a truck and have them haul it, just do not have any identifiers on it, in case the dump it somewhere they are not supposed to

3. Msradell

Msradell Sawhorse

Just posted on Craigslist and free for the taking! I'm betting you get tons of calls.