1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

New CBO exams

Discussion in 'Certifications' started by Kao Chen, Jan 8, 2015.

1. CBOGUY

CBOGUY Member

No

2. CBOGUY

CBOGUY Member

3. CBOGUY

CBOGUY Member

Any tips?

4. Thomas Nabors

Thomas Nabors Member

Does any one know what books for each exam, I have just got all my CERTS except for the E2 and E3. I'm going to start on my CBO shortly and after reading this thread i discovered that now i have to take the MM, MG, BC instead of me just having my C8 and taking the 01 legal. This was heartbreaking and now im very frustrated. This seems a way for ICC to make more profit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

5. twd22285

twd22285 Member

Yes! First off, Sorry for the late reply, i'm in the middle of studying for my Management module and have neglected the forum. The best tip I can give you is to use a study guide that mimics the actual test. I've used ICC Campus and was severely disappointed. I didn't feel that it prepped me well at all. It was also very discouraging to find 15+ errors on the practice exams. This was back in 2014 so I would imagine they have improved, nonetheless it's hard for me to give them money for that anymore.. The program I'm using now is England Training Center. Not taking the classes but just buying the study exams. I will PM you some of my contact info and you can give me a call if you want. There is some strategy to using only the practice exams

6. twd22285

twd22285 Member

Copy and paste the link below, scroll down to pages 24-28 for the books required

https://www.iccsafe.org/wp-content/uploads/National_Certification_EIB-CBT.pdf

7. twd22285

twd22285 Member

UPDATE: Passed Management Module June 1st. Going to sign up for Building Codes and Standards for end of July. Getting closer. Again, the only study material I used was the practice exams. Best of luck to all testing.

-Tony

JCraver and my250r11 like this.
  8. JCraver

JCraver Sawhorse

Congrats!

9. twd22285

twd22285 Member

Took Building Codes and Standards two weeks ago..Failed. Wasn't even close. Back to the drawing board. There were some pretty in depth electrical questions I was not prepared for. Also, at least 5 questions on the test that the study exams never came close to touching on. May have to utilize a couple different programs to hit all the right chapters. Due to crazy work schedule I won't be able to dive into a study program again until middle of next week. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks

Tony

10. CBOGUY

CBOGUY Member

Did you retake the test ? How did you do ?

11. twd22285

twd22285 Member

I'm signing up for end of January. I think England Training really misses the boat on the Building Codes and Standards Practice Quiz.. Unfortunately, they are the only company that's offering economical study material (whats the saying "you get what you pay for..). I'm going to switch it up and purchase a couple different test banks and go from there. I'll keep everyone posted.