1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Pool cover in lieu of a safety fence for kids?

Discussion in 'Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs' started by ADAguy, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Pcinspector1

Pcinspector1 Platinum Member

A pit with punji sticks on the other side of the wall to keep em out are banned by the Geneva Convention if that's being considered. "Just sayin"

2. ICE

ICE Sawhorse

The minimum height here is 60". The decorative blocks at the top would not be a violation.

3. ICE

ICE Sawhorse

I suppose it depends on the situation. The alarm should be heard throughout the dwelling. An alarm that is located on a screen door to an enclosed porch may not accomplish that. We do have to rely on occupants keeping track of children. I would ask for an alarm on each door.

4. tmurray

tmurray Sawhorse

We don't have any requirement for barriers for a pool being accessed by the dwelling. Just from other lots. We rely on people keeping track of their children. If they can't, well then they can decide to install the alarm.

5. ICE

ICE Sawhorse

Well then, there are way more pools in SoCal than all of Canada. And keep in mind that it’s Californians doing the watching. Not that they’re worthless but I don’t count on them for much.