1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Sawhorse. Automatically renews.

Discussion in 'Website Discussion' started by cda, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Francis Vineyard

Francis Vineyard Sawhorse

I received an email that my Paypal account has been closed and payment was due Jan. 22 and it's nice to know that I'm currently displayed as a Sawhorse. I've two questions;

How to pay other than PayPal ? I cannot find a link to make a payment.

How to check when the membership expires?

I login and out in hoping to view the above information. Could it be IT blocks it as does the Amazon link?

#21 Francis Vineyard, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  2. chris kennedy

chris kennedy Sawhorse

Put your cursor over your name when logged in. You will see account upgrades. Click on that and at the bottom of the page you will see purchased upgrades with the expiration date.

Francis Vineyard and jar546 like this.
  3. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

So, I just sent an email out and we figured out the disconnect. It was with the old system for
    those that signed up as Sawhorses and Supporters BEFORE we moved to this new platform.
    IF you have a pre-April 2016 membership that has auto-renewal on Paypal, you need to stop
    the auto-renewal with Paypal and then sign up under the new system when your old
    membership expires. The old membership Paypal does not communicate with the new
    system and there is nothing I can do about it.

4. Sifu

Sifu Gold Member

Ok, I just cancelled my automatic pmt to REMAS. So now I just wait until I am going to expire and sign up as a new member once this current membership expires?

5. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

Yes, July 16, 2020

6. Francis Vineyard

Jeff,
    I no longer have Sawhorse privileges. I'm guessing my account expiration date change occurred with Paypal when platform change. Could you please confirm based on the payments when my account should not expire.

1/10/2012 - $110.00
    12/10/2013 - $35.00
    1/22/2015 - $35.00
    1/22/2016 - $35.00
    10/24/2016 - $35.00
    1/23/2017 - $35.00

7. cda

cda Sawhorse

Did you check your status here::;

If you click on the picture top right of the page

Go down to account upgrades

It will show either you have expired or expectation date.

8. Francis Vineyard

9. cda

cda Sawhorse

Hum

Are you in the witness protection plan??
    Wonder why it does not show.

Send jar a private message with your question.

10. Builder Bob

Builder Bob Sawhorse

Ran into the same problem - It is relatively cheap and I just renewed my membership - could no pin point the date of the last renewal payment. However, I did not recieve any notification that it was expired or going to expire.

11. cda

cda Sawhorse

You do not get notification

They just cut the cable.

Need to check your profile maybe every six months to see when it does expire

12. Builder Bob

Builder Bob Sawhorse

interestingly, the status of your profile remains as a sawhorse..... thus the confusion. If it did expire, it would be extremely helpful for the status to change t contributor..... or agent, or user

13. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

Folks, as posted a few times, there is a problem with the old system since we move to the new system 2-1/2 years ago. Many of you still have the Paypal auto-renewal under the ol system and you need to change it to the new system after you are expired.

If you paid $35 or $40 for the year (the current rate is $40) then that expires after 1 year from the date you paid. If you paid $60 or $75 then that is good for 2 years. FYI $75 is has been the new 2 year rate but many of you are on auto pay with Paypal.

Here is the crux of the problem. The old system had a different code that was sent from Paypal to the site and with a new site and an old code, you guessed it, the money gets deposited but never gets credited automatically because the old code does not exist on the new site for the past 2-1/2 years.

I posted about this a few times telling everyone to pay attention to their expiration date and renew under the new system. Paypal does not care but our site does and I want you to have auto-renewal under the new system so I don't have to cross reference people manually. This is especially a pain in the ass when people use a different Paypal email address than the email used on this site. Then I have absolutely no way of knowing.

The bottom line is that if you don't think you were credited, send me a PM and give me the last payment date, amount and EMAIL it was send under. This will help a lot.

I truly appreciate everyone that contributes to this forum and wish there was a better transition from the old system. I have been posting about this for 2-1/2 years and apparently not everyone sees them.

PLEASE, just renew under the new system and stop your Paypal auto-renew if it is for $35 or $60 because that is the OLD system.

This is the best explanation I can offer. BTW, I even tried getting Paypal to change the renewals to the new IPN (instant payment notification) code but they won't because it is your money and they are protecting you.

Jeff

14. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

Your last payment was October 24th 2017 for $35 which means it was under the old system. That means you just expired so it is best to please start fresh under the new system.

15. Francis Vineyard

Thank you for the clarification that the membership begins with the last payment. And as I understand membership is not extended with multiple payments (four in two years). My fault for signing up with Paypal and then having to deal with this issue.

16. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

Yeah, I see that for some reason you had a payment in October of 2016 that did not line up with all of your other January payments. I'll be happy to manually add another year for you.

17. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

You've been extended for a year beginning today.

18. Builder Bob

Builder Bob Sawhorse

Thanks Jeff for all you do......

jar546 likes this.
  19. cda

cda Sawhorse

I just paid!!!