• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Braceline wall bracing calculator

SDS

I didn't find anything in the site search on this...I am not affiliated in any way.

https://bracelinecalc.com/

It's a new online prescriptive wall bracing calculator that functions a bit differently than any others I've seen. It works dynamically with uploaded pdf plan files. It is a for profit package at $40/mo. though.

Note: from my conversations with the company, the software only supports seismic design categories A-C and does not work with SDC D yet, though it is selectable within the software (it just always reverts to A if selecting D)

It looks like it will be a very quick method of prescriptively bracing a plan in a very visual plans-oriented format.