• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

NFPA 58 Question for LPG Tank

Table 6104.3, less than 125 gal, foot note "e" Items 2,3 and 4.

PRV discharge, minimum of 5-ft horizontally from building, 5-ft from exterior source of ignition an 5-ft from adjoining property that can be built on.

Information I provided came from the 2021 IFC. (NFPA 58 is listed under section 6101.1 Scope).

(NFPA 58, Appendix B if adopted, you will need to view if you have that code)

Sorry, I think Jar wanted you to view the NFPA section.

For whatever reason I couldn't get to 58 yesterday but today I can. I'm usually in 101 on the daily... anyway, wouldn't this be covered in 1 rather than 58
1715175537605.png

The code always takes precedent before the referenced standard when specified.

2018 IFC

6104.1 General.
The storage and handling of LP-gas and the installation and maintenance of related equipment shall comply with NFPA 58 and be subject to the approval of the fire code official, except as provided in this chapter.

6104.3 Container location.
LP-gas containers shall be located with respect to buildings and lot lines of adjoining property that can be built upon, in accordance with Table 6104.3.

TABLE 6104.3
LOCATION OF LP-GAS CONTAINERS

5 feet

1715183087215.png

My eyes might just be getting worse, but it seems the NFPA free access has reduced the font size and changed the text color from dark gray to medium gray in the last year or two.