• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

T-Shirts, Hats or Something Else?

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Even though Taunton helps us out with our Code Check 7th Edition giveaway, it still costs us in the neighborhood of $14 after we ship it out. In place of doing that I have had quite a few requests for hats or tshirts. I don't have any but I do have a great connection as my cousin owns a print shop that also does custom tshirts, hats, etc.

Would you prefer to have hats, tshirts or something else. We can sell them in the store and do some as a giveaway to new Sawhorse subscriptions to keep us alive. This is a bad month for Google AdSense for some reason so we need more Sawhorses.

I can design a hat, you can design a hat or shirt and we can all vote on it then I will get them made. I will front the money based on the interest we have here but I know my costs can be close to half of what the books are costing to give away.

Please, lets have an active, productive discussion on this.

Are you looking for ideas??

" I posted on building forum and all I got was this shirt"

Not sure how to post a symbol of "icc with a slash through it"

I would surly describe this as a professional website. I would love to have a white shirt with a logo on it suitable to wear to the office. (and the board room) I would be more than willing to cover the full cost.

jar546 said:
This is my plan for this year's holiday theme:View attachment 1701

How many orders can I count on?
It doesn't light up?

I would be interested in shirts and agree with RJJ on the design, but I feel something a little nicer than a T would be more fitting for the members here. This dependent on budget and if you could unload them of coarse.

I saw a couple, CH500, CH580, D500 and D610, with just a quick look. I would rather 100% cotton. Poly and I don't get along well.

As far as color schemes, ..IMO, I would replicate the color scheme of the banner at the top

of the Forum, say something like grayish blue letters against a lighter colored background

of gray. I would also separate the lettering for easier reading & identification of the

Forum name.

FWIW, I prefer the polo style of short sleeve shirts.

baseball hat with" building codes forum. com" with a picture of a sawhorse above it and "member" above the sawhorse

If embroidery were an option [at the expense of the requestor] it might be nice to have our 'handles' on the pocket of a shirt, or on a hat, instead of 'member'. I could see "Uncle Bob" with a sawhorse hat or shirt; and many others. I like the idea of 100% cotton shirts, as they are safer than polyester in a lot of situations. What do you think the costs would be if members/sawhorses would want to buy the products? Hat, shirt, etc?

actually, my give a way that ALL of my clients like best is 6" ruler/scale with a magnifying strip running the length. I've seen them years later in the developers desks.

How about a pocket knife?

A refillable pen with the web address on it. A cool one like a Tombo but takes a cheap refill. I need a pen with a lid or I forget to retract the damned thing and ruin a shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there will have to be a committee put together to make these decisions so that this does not fall by the wayside. It has been 2 full days with no input on this. Maybe it is just a pie in the sky idea and not a good one.

Thoughts?

jar546 said:
I think there will have to be a committee put together to make these decisions so that this does not fall by the wayside. It has been 2 full days with no input on this. Maybe it is just a pie in the sky idea and not a good one. Thoughts?
Bullshirt, I'll chair it. fatboy just volunteered for Vice Chair. (Well really he didn't. Just doing some pishing!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok folks, I really want to get this up and running but from the activity here, I am not sure this is wanted by a lot of people. We need some input and I simply don't have the time to make decisions on hats, shirts, colors, screenprint or embroider, etc. I will, however design the name/logo if you want. Other than that, it is in your hands. We will be taking orders before we go to print and place an order with the printer so I don't end up with a large quantity of shirts that cost me a pile of money.

Have at it. I think it is a great idea. Let's see how well you organize as a group.

Jeff,

Don't take this wrong.

A shirt or hat is not something I would want.

I have found that you can make something that is really nice and people really like it but they will not buy it.

This is my opinion like it or not I just being honest.

If you made some really good beer and sold it at a very low price that might work. But would it be worth your time.

I know you work very hard at this forum and I would like to see make a lot of money.

Rick

T-Shirts, Hats or Something Else?

I have been receiving several requests for this type of stuff via email and pm for years. I am acting on those requests just like I respond to everything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk