• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Google AdSense Sucking Wind, Need fresh Sawhorses

jar546

Forum Coordinator
For whatever reason, Google AdSense which helps to pay for this site through the banners that are shown and clicked on has been going down the tubes these last 2 months, actually 3 months. It seems as though we peaked in April and May and June keep getting worse and it looks like July is on track for just a horrible month.

We have 100 Sawhorses and many don't expire for 2-3 years and some more than that because of the amount of times they contributed. If you can refer anyone to be a Sawhorse I would appreciate it.

More importantly, if you can think of any ideas to give incentive to become a Sawhorse, I would certainly appreciate that.

We need fresh blood if Google is going to get any worse this summer which is when I expected it to be the best.

I'll pony up again tomorrow.............don't know how to attract new sawhorses............will try to brainstorm that one.......

fatboy said:
I'll pony up again tomorrow.............don't know how to attract new sawhorses............will try to brainstorm that one.......
Please don't, you are already a Sawhorse. I am talking about fresh blood here.

We just need to throw some Ben Franklins in a few times a year, when the collection plate goes by.

And it just might be like church that only 3 % support the forum??

Once again the forum is cheaper then paying the piper consultant to answer the question.

we block the banner adds here at work, so I can not click on them, I will try to be more attentive to them at home

I too! I have never clicked on any banners. I would believe we need to encourage more people to post questions or code related items. If they become a part of the forum and visit frequently then maybe they would understand the long range benefits of the site and be more willing to contribute something. If you look over the member list there are many who never post and I suspect there are quite a few that have only been here once. Perhaps the list should be reduces and reflect not just the gross number, but number of posters and number of supporters.

also a place for just a contribution at 10 or 20 for some 35 is a big hit when money is tight.

jar546 said:
Please don't, you are already a Sawhorse. I am talking about fresh blood here.
Look at this as an engineering problem: find an answer that solves the equation. If a bracket connecting a beam requires more fasteners to support the imposed load, do you really have an objection to adding 25 1/2" diameter bolts over adding 100 3/16" diameter bolts? For example, nobody is suggesting you to quit making a larger contribution of interesting content than the rest of "us".

I am curious. What is the projected shortfall (imposed load) created by Goggle Adsense being an inadequate fastener? Use numbers please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the ICC would like to sponsor us since we (JAR, JPRanch, fatboy, peach, etc)are fulfilling their promises from Denver.

Seriously though, can we get a sponsor or two like Simpson or Weyerhaeuser or something. Our numbers now would support a sponsorship program if farmed out and properly marketed to the right people. What do other forum's do?

Maybe have a permanent thread at the top

With link to PayPal

And boxes to donate $1, $5, $50, $100, $ other

For new people and to remind us there is no free snack.

Let the members see every other word.

Even I could figure that out. Make it every third letter in every other word.

Talk brudgers into coming back.

Figure a way to offer CEUs.

Drop the price to $25

When I think about it, I get just a tad angry. There should be no way that Jeff should have to ask.

Put fatboy in charge of raising money. Promise him a bag of Cheetos for every $50 he brings in.

Sell shares. 1000 shares at $100 per share. There will come a day when this forum is a leader in the industry. When that day arrives the forum will be worth...well who knows but with the Internet, anything is possible. So if I bought ten shares today and it ends up in a stratospheric value realm....I'm a happy inspector.

Last edited by a moderator:
I even have an Amazon reseller account that if anyone buys anything from Amazon by clicking through the Amazon banner in the middle of the forum page, generates a referral fee to us. So far we made $4 from a $100 purchase that I made.

I would think that with 4,600 registered here, there is a lot more Amazon purchases going on than that.

The bookstore that we have is also sucking wind with sales.

If I could figure out the CEU thing I would and I think that is the key here. The problem is getting approval for online CEUs and the cost to implement them.

jar546 said:
I even have an Amazon reseller account that if anyone buys anything from Amazon by clicking through the Amazon banner in the middle of the forum page, generates a referral fee to us. So far we made $4 from a $100 purchase that I made.I would think that with 4,600 registered here, there is a lot more Amazon purchases going on than that.

The bookstore that we have is also sucking wind with sales.

If I could figure out the CEU thing I would and I think that is the key here. The problem is getting approval for online CEUs and the cost to implement them.
I made a purchase on Amazon by clicking on the link here. I'm guessing it didn't work if you're not seeing any monies. :(

Codegeek said:
I made a purchase on Amazon by clicking on the link here. I'm guessing it didn't work if you're not seeing any monies. :(
Looks like you are right. I just ran a report and we are up to $14.43 !!!!

We are on our way. Thank you

I usually go through my own bookmark when I shop Amazon. Just made a $900 purchanse and now I'm feeling a lot guilty. I'll have to pay the tithe and repent!:banghd

I looked just now and it showed up about mid page at the between two thread headings

The banner in the middle of the main forum page takes you to Amazon where you can make purchases. This is how we get credit. If you are considering making a purchase through Amazon, simply come here, click on the banner and log in and make your purchase as usual.

cda said:
Maybe have a permanent thread at the topWith link to PayPal

And boxes to donate $1, $5, $50, $100, $ other

For new people and to remind us there is no free snack.
I thinks this is a good idea. I would use it.

Also: I did not know about the amazon banner.

I will order my books through the banner on this site from now on. I just ordered a book now :)

Just ordered a printer and replacement ink through the link, not much, $143, but something.