• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

barn burner

yep, just a little better than a stack of wooden pallets on a Saturday evening

I was one of the Moscow firerfighters that responed to the fire that morning let me tell you Pullman is about 7 miles away from Moscow and you could see the glow of the fire from our staition. When we got there flames were about 100 feet in the air. we were on site from 3:30 AM to 8:30 AM we used over 150,000 gals of water to help save structers and put the fire out. We were lucky that there was no wind or I think we would of lost more buildings.

Yikes said:
Moscow: was there a fire sprinkler system installed, and with 2 weeks 'til occupancy, was it operational?
It appeared that the ones burning were in the frame stage, no Sheetrock

Having personally dealt with 'The Grove' in our jurisdiction, I can tell you that they were not nearly close, especially not within two weeks, to occupancy. They were at the framing stage. What I found most annoying about the situation is that the hydrants were not working [at least some of the strategic ones]. One of our rules is that no framing occurs above the first floor unless all the hydrants are in place and WORKING. I am really keen to know the cause of the fire. Time will tell.