• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Dominic Sims Named Chief Executive Officer of the International Code Council.

I have no clue who he is, where he came from, what he has accomplished, his views and opinions or his past work history.

Can we please get a little more info on this person?

jar546 said:
I have no clue who he is, where he came from, what he has accomplished, his views and opinions or his past work history.Can we please get a little more info on this person?
Jar546,

If you click the link, and read the news release, your questions should be answered. :D

That would be my guess though.

RJJ said:
Jeff if you remember I invited Dominic on the BB after the lights went out on the ICC Board. Also after the Denver Trip. Again no comment!
I feel like you are just itching to say a comment.

Or are you going to say, "No comment," again? :beatdhrs

He came out of Florida.. was president of BOAF before he went to SBCCI. And he was a really good president of BOAF. Was a building code/zoning administrator in Palm Beach County.

Dominic has good code sense; he also has the right personality for this job.

Uncle Bob said:
The name sounds familiar; wasn't he part of the Denver fiasco?
Not really. He was the COO at the time. I was at Denver. It was a cluster and I have not forgotten it.

Dominic Sims Named Chief Executive Officer of the International Code Council.

V767 said:
Jar546, If you click the link, and read the news release, your questions should be answered. :D

That would be my guess though.
Typical fluff article which is why I asked. Learned more from Peach's post that the article.

Kyle, change your email please on your account. Got notification from the email you used to register. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find myself in a strange position as I'm quite limited on this topic as to what I can say. I firmly believe that this board made the right decision and that Dominic is the right person for the job at the right time. I guess that you all will have to trust me a bit on this one. Time will tell if I (we) have chosen wisely and I will be held accountable.

jar546 said:
Typical fluff article which is why I asked. Learned more from Peach's post that the article.Kyle, change your email please on your account. Got notification from the email you used to register. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, will do. No longer use that email address, thanks for the heads up.

jpranch said:
I find myself in a strange position as I'm quite limited on this topic as to what I can say. I firmly believe that this board made the right decision and that Dominic is the right person for the job at the right time. I guess that you all will have to trust me a bit on this one. Time will tell if I (we) have chosen wisely and I will be held accountable.
I don't think accountability rests just on your shoulders, Jim. The Board should be held accountable for choices made of this nature and magnitude. Unless, you somehow have completely hijacked the BOD and now call all the shots :p

Joking aside, it will be interesting to see what progress can be made in the future, especially with cdpACCESS in full swing and a myriad of other projects that will hopefully be executed properly and launched to the Membership and other stakeholders successfully.

V767: I am not beating a dead horse as you indicated. I have no comment still! I believe that time will tell, if that be considered a comment. Some of the things you referenced I have called for loud and clear and remote voting is one item. It appears that the ICC Board is listing so that is positive. Jim you know I have total trust in you and have been proud to be associated with you for quite some time.

jar546 said:
I have no clue who he is, where he came from, what he has accomplished, his views and opinions or his past work history.Can we please get a little more info on this person?
[h=1]Dominic Sims[/h]

Chief Executive Officer, International Code Council

LocationWashington D.C. Metro AreaIndustryNonprofit Organization Management

500+connections

ConnectSend InMailMore options InteractGet introduced Find referencesProfileShare profileSave profile[h=2]Save and Organize Profiles[/h]
01a6bd3.jpg

This Premium Account feature lets you:

• Categorize with custom folders.
  • Add notes and contact information.
  • See all messages exchanged.
learn more

Upgrade Now

no thanks

Export to PDFFlag as inappropriate

Done editingSave and Exit

• Public Profilewww.linkedin.com/in/dominicsims
[h=2]Background[/h][h=3]Summary[/h]High level summary of experience.

• Chief Operating Officer/Executive Vice President & Director of Operations, International Code Council, Inc.

• Chief Executive Officer, Southern Building Code Congress International, Inc.

• Executive Director, Planning, Zoning & Building – Palm Beach County, Florida

• Director of Development, TMS Construction, Ohio/Florida

Specialties:• Executive leadership, organizational management, team development and change management

• Financial performance management, growth strategies and preservation of business equity

• Real estate, development, construction, public policy and standards development experience

[h=3]Experience[/h][h=5][/h][h=4]Chief Executive Officer[/h][h=5]International Code Council, Inc (ICC)[/h]January 2003 – Present (10 years 8 months)The Code Council is a membership organization of nearly 50,000 individuals and companies dedicated to developing and maintaining a single set of comprehensive and coordinated model codes, products and services for the built environment. As Acting Chief Executive Officer has overall corporate responsibilities for the operation and financial performance of the association.

[h=4]Chief Executive Officer[/h][h=5]Southern Building Code Congress International, Inc. (SBCCI)[/h]August 2001 – December 2003 (2 years 5 months)SBCCI was a member organization that likewise developed model codes and standards for the building industry. At SBCCI lead the organization through a merger which formed the International Code Council, Inc in 2003.

[h=5][/h][h=4]Executive Vice President PZ&B[/h][h=5]Palm Beach County[/h]1983 – 2001 (18 years)

RJJ said:
V767: I am not beating a dead horse as you indicated. I have no comment still! I believe that time will tell, if that be considered a comment. Some of the things you referenced I have called for loud and clear and remote voting is one item. It appears that the ICC Board is listing so that is positive. Jim you know I have total trust in you and have been proud to be associated with you for quite some time.
RJJ, I know you weren't doing that actually, I was just joking with you. I was looking for a smiley face thingy to use, and saw the horse one. Thought it was hilarious, and implemented it for an attempt at some comic relief.