• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

storm water report

BSSTG

Gold Member
Greetings,

Can someone tell me what a storm water report is? Does anyone require one for permitting projects? Some engineer has asked me via email if one is required for permitting. That's new to me.

thanksabunch

BSSTG

They are to show how much detention is needed on site to help control rain water runoff. Usually used on commercial sites.

BSSTG,

I'm also a stormwater inspector in Oklahoma. The States have certain requirements for stormwater reports where land is cleared; and also requirements for municipalities. Your municipality should have a "Stormwater Program" and a Stormwater manager. Go here at TCEQ's website and you may find the answer to your questions;

Stormwater Permits

If I can be of any more assistance; I'll try.

Uncle Bob

BSSTG -

Part of the site plan review submitted when the project is submitted for planning approval. The Public Works dept. where I worked did the initial consultation with the developer on what the city required. Engineer designed the system which, as pyrguy stated, could be a detention system. I've seen a couple installed in Alturas.

Sue

BSSTG,

Adding to what the others have stated, it could also be a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan

(SWPPP). A plan to prevent storm water pollution/erosion, that is typically submitted prior to

the development/"disturbance of land" on Commercial projects, or where logging or surface

mining is proposed.

We require a storm water management plan designed by a licensed design professional for residential (as well as commercial) where the lot coverage of impervious material is proposed to be more than a certain percent (of the lot size).

We have a planning review for projects over a certain size. The Planning Board looks at post construction site drainage.

Prior to start of construction, if more than one acre is affected, an engineered SWPPP must be in place before the first shovel is turned.

NY State is pretty serious about this stuff - we just do it - I don't need them breathing down my neck.