• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Now I know why pwood says he's from "State of Jefferson"

Yikes said:
Modoc County, where I lived, is also a county located in the 'State of Jefferson', and why my location was listed as the State of Jefferson on this forum.

The State of Jefferson wants you

Jefferson (proposed Pacific state) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

State of Jefferson 3 x 5 Flag

I truly believe that they are on the correct path. Northern California is an entirely different state from central and southern California.

Sue

it's a mindset and the people that live in the future State of Jefferson are different than the lala-frisco mindset.

Alias said:
Modoc County, where I lived, is also a county located in the 'State of Jefferson', and why my location was listed as the State of Jefferson on this forum.The State of Jefferson wants you

Jefferson (proposed Pacific state) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

State of Jefferson 3 x 5 Flag

I truly believe that they are on the correct path. Northern California is an entirely different state from central and southern California.

Sue
I agree that is is a very different culture, population density, industry and geography. That said, the double-X flag looks pretty depressing. I would hope that ultimately the flag could represent that Jeffersonians are "for" something, not merely against Sacramento and Salem.

Yikes said:
I agree that is is a very different culture, population density, industry and geography. That said, the double-X flag looks pretty depressing. I would hope that ultimately the flag could represent that Jeffersonians are "for" something, not merely against Sacramento and Salem.
I understand Sacramento but why Salem?

Rider Rick said:
It's politics.It's a great idea but will never happen.
Every few years the idea resurfaces. There have been legislators in Sacatomato that have brought up splitting the state, usually somewhere around Sac. If the state splits, should be in thirds, with the State of Jefferson being the northernmost state IMHO.

Sue

Rider Rick said:
I know we don't like our state capital but what's wrong with Oregon?
Oregon and Washington would do better to divide their states along the Cascade crest leaving the West side for the current govm'nts and leaving the rest of us alone.

Bill

Well, Modoc County Board of Supervisors passed a resolution Tuesday to secede from the State of CA. Good luck to them all, it ain't gonna happen.

Sue

Things have gone seriously haywire but returning the country into a divided third class nation is not the answer

KZQuixote said:
Oregon and Washington would do better to divide their states along the Cascade crest leaving the West side for the current govm'nts and leaving the rest of us alone.Bill
I am doing my part. When I am in Portland, I jump up and down several times in an effort to cause Portland, Salem, and Eugene to slid into the ocean.

fireguy said:
I am doing my part. When I am in Portland, I jump up and down several times in an effort to cause Portland, Salem, and Eugene to slid into the ocean.
The plate is "sliding" north not west CA, Portland, Salem, and Eugene will end up in Alaska, not Hawaii...

KZQuixote said:
Oregon and Washington would do better to divide their states along the Cascade crest leaving the West side for the current govm'nts and leaving the rest of us alone.Bill
And CA along the Sierra/Cascades. Maybe Bishop could get its water back...... :D

Sue