• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

phone camera use

mark handler

SAWHORSE
Be careful what pictures you take with your personal phone camera.

If the issue goes to court, your phone, even if you downloaded the pictures, can become evidence. And you could loose it until the case ends.

This happened to one of my code enforcement officers. He still does not have the phone back

mark handler said:
Be careful what pictures you take with your personal phone camera.If the issue goes to court, your phone, even if you downloaded the pictures, can become evidence. And you could loose it until the case ends.

This happened to one of my code enforcement officers. He still does not have the phone back
His personal phone or one paid for by the city

I know it does not matter just wondering

Architect1281 said:
Set Camera to store images on mico sd card, request search warrant have lawyer make warrant specific to photographic evidence and hand over card only.
The order was for the phone/camera not the sd card

cda said:
His personal phone or one paid for by the cityI know it does not matter just wondering
Personal phone.he left his city camera in the office. He has a police radio for city communications

Yep, lawyers can get everything

They even talk about home computer if you do city business or communication on it

ICE said:
I have insurance....they'll even tow my ride.
But they will also have your contacts, emails, IMs.... do you really want those scu..balls to have all the info from you personal phone /Tablet...

ICE said:
And DNA...but it's all for naught if they don't have my mothers maiden name.
Available on ancestory.com, unless it is not a part of public records. They have access to birth records...

CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION in San-Francisco

ГЕНЕРАЛЬНОЕ КОНСУЛЬСТВО РОССИЙСКОЙ ФЕДЕРАЦИИ в

2790 Green St, San Francisco, CA 94123

(415) 928-6878

mark handler said:
But they will also have your contacts, emails, IMs.... do you really want those scu..balls to have all the info from you personal phone /Tablet...
What does NSA need a duplicate copy in case there system gets hacked?

mark handler said:
I'm talking about the defence lawyers, and their clients, not NSA
I was being facetious Mark. If you receive a speeding ticket ask for the model and serial # of the unit that was used to provide information from the arresting officer.

gregg harris said:
i was being facetious mark. If you receive a speeding ticket ask for the model and serial # of the unit that was used to provide information from the arresting officer.
No you ask when it was last calibrated and by whom....