• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Whiners

ICE

Oh Well
The contractors of which trade are the biggest complainers? One correction or ten, it makes no difference, they pitch a bitch.

Whaddaya mean I need 24 ga 6"vent pipe on that oil furnace? I've been doing it like this for 25 yrs.....

Whaddaya mean I can't use Sanitary tees on their backs for drainage......

Whaddaya mean I can't have 16" long seat cuts on my 2x10 rafters that won't fit the required insulation....

Whaddaya mean the grounding needs to go back to the first point of disconnect?

Whaddaya mean I need mechanical plans? It's a design-build.....

And my personal favorite.....What do you mean by bearing?

Based on my time in the trades and my brief (so far) stint inspecting, it has to be the HVAC guys. Never have I heard so many excuses/complaining/whining from one group of people. Other than politicians, of course...

Sorry, I thought it said "wine"

Thought we were getting some class here

Me, I'm a whiner,

This is WA, Whiner Anonymous is'nt it?

"The wine and cheese crowd", I prefer the "whiskey and chocolate crowd"

pc1 did not type this!

What do you mean you can't do a complete building final.

It is only 4:59 PM Friday and we are suppose to open Saturday morning at 7!!!

Generally the locals more than out of towners; Texans have been great to work with followed by the Mid-Westerners. Contractors from the northern part of Virginia and Richmond are well behaved too.

Don't have a lot. when I do I just whine back, call in a judge, and have them decide who is the best whiner. I have to let you know, I'm a pretty good whiner.

I had a boss when I was in retail and he said, "don't let there problem become your problem!"

You think that would work in codes enforcement?

pc1

th

True Sandman. I know lots of them. Usually some of the new guys. I offer them the advise of George Carlin, "Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff."

ICE said:
The contractors of which trade are the biggest complainers? One correction or ten, it makes no difference, they pitch a bitch.
Mine covered various trades but what these contractors did have in common was the same first name.

Sue

HD: LOL on call the judge. I believe I would say it is an equal disbursement for whiners in all trades. As soon as something is flagged the complaining starts. Does not matter to me because the more they cry the less I listen.

jwilly3879 said:
I never heard that before. Are you going to make me change it?
Unfortunately, yeah, I'm going to make you change it ... oh, and one more thing. Did you happen to see a turnip truck drive by? I seem to have fallen off it.

Alias said:
Mine covered various trades but what these contractors did have in common was the same first name. Sue
Actually, they all seem to think that they know my first name. It's really not my first name, but they all yell, "Hey SOB". I pretty much automatically look up.

It's the electricians. I write plenty of corrections for each trade but the electricians are the most vocal. They treat corrections like an attack on their character.