• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

NEC, use more extension boxes or an access panel?

Taking my son to soccer. Walking the dogs. Loving on my wife.

Learning to be more selective about architectural projects. Spending more time programming computers. Spending less time reading things that **** me off on the internet and then writing about them.

Looking for activities which scale rather than start from scratch every time.

Cheers, Ben

I came up with 'sawhorse' .

And I thought "I shouldn't have to pay to be one."

Then I thought "Why am I wasting energy on that?"

"How did that become a meaningful part of my identity?"

I stopped reading the site and I didn't miss it.

I just visited 'Off Topic' and it was obvious why.

Not being able to edit my posts makes my writing less fun.

Beyond me personally, I doubt it makes the site better.

Don't get me wrong. I understand why Jeff did it as a way to monetize the site.

I just think it's counter-productive...and that's based on a lot of research into the design of StackOverflow (the original sister site to the Home Improvement site I linked to - it's top 100 on the web).

You can listen to Joel Spolsky and Jeff Atwood discuss it here: https://soundcloud.com/stack-exchange/sets/stack-overflow-podcasts-1 if you're interested.

Jeff Atwood has since created Discourse which seeks to solve the behaviorial problems that bulletin boards foster: http://www.discourse.org/

Welcome back brudgers. I too took some time off, though for different reasons. Good to be back.

Well brudgers, nobody took your place. Every now and then somebody comes up with an original bit of wit but the humor factor went way down when you quit showing up. It's been so dull around here that Jeff has tried to be funny.... The only thing funny about that is that it's Jeff trying to be funny.

You can buy in for a lot less now. I think it is as low as $5. Perhaps you can come up with a title for those folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. brudgers, it's good to see your post, I miss your point of view(s) on several subject matters.

Not very happy that your Auburn Tigers beat MIZZOU, but both had great seasons anyway.

pc1