• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Upgrade of Forum

thumbs-down-emoji-smiley-cartoon-icon-looking-very-disapproving-angry-his-thumb-doesn-t-like-57695965.jpg

I noticed you are a vampire. What are doing up at 3 am? Getting rid of dead hookers?

Brent.
I have to be up at 3 if I'm going to be at the office by 5:30.

I click on New Topics at the top of the screen and get this
Yes, one of the issues we are working on. That is essentially there for brand new topics, not replies to existing topics. Please click on "Latest Activity" for a list of active posts.

The issue with the "New Topics" is that it is part of a search function that does not specify enough, causing an overload. We are trying to customize the search function or I will just remove the "New Topics" tab since we never had that in the past anyway. Thanks you for bringing that up.

I just tried to respond to a thread and got the "Invalid Server Response" several times losing the entire thing several times, I just got it twice typing this and didn't lose the material, that's the pop-up that has destroyed the JLC forum more than any others.

Not sure why that happened. You are the only one to report that and it never happened to me. If you screenshot and post the pic I may be able to look into it.

Not sure why that happened. You are the only one to report that and it never happened to me. If you screenshot and post the pic I may be able to look into it.
Okay, I'll see if it happens and take screen shot when it does, so far it hasn't happened during this post, but if I keep typing maybe it will, so far it hasn't so I'll stop and wait until it does.

I can't see what you posted either. did you try to post a picture?How are you marking them read?

Thanks.
The problem seems to be predominately with the "forums upgrade" threads. I tried to post a "snipit" but got too many
c7pVBHPRGBSnHimExMvQNIMqQ7AAAAAACAdIB0BwAAAAAAkA6Q7gAAAAAAANIB0h0AAAAAAEA6QLoDAAAAAABIB0h3AAAAAAAA6QDpDgAAAAAAIB0g3QEAAAAAAKQDpDsAAAAAAIB0gHQHAAAAAACQDv4fdrcT6z4mdLMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

I can't see what you posted either. did you try to post a picture?How are you marking them read?

Thanks.
The last 9 threads show as unread. I've read them all. I also tried using "Mark Channels Read" without success. This seemed to work on the JLC site.

Using tap talk I cannot mark threads as read. I have threads that I've actually read and used the mark read button with no luck

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

That's interesting because I don't have any trouble marking threads as being read on my laptop. I'm using Windows 10x64pro and IE 11 just for reference.