• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Waiting too long to call for inspections

I issue and post stop work orders. I ask to speak to the owner and the leading contractor. Then I explain to them that the permit costs more and they will have to take things apart before finishing. I also tell them they must stop and pack up the job with no more work until resolved. Its not fun but it is what I am charged with doing. I immediately call my supervisors informing them of all I have found. The persons involved will likely forever hate me.

Doesn't the saying go, better late than never. On the positive side they called before they had to remove wall coverings on the interior and exterior, possibly meg ohm test, yadda yadda. So be sure to remind them how much they actually did save, always try to end on a positive note :)

The other option stamped engineer report... u are no longer liable... the engineer is.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

The other option stamped engineer report... u are no longer liable... the engineer is.Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
In CT, an engineer (unless licensed as a BO) can not perform code required inspections...They can draw the crap that is there, and then we can approve that crap, But I would be negligent to approve crap that I did not see....

The other option stamped engineer report... u are no longer liable... the engineer is.Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Liability ends when you die. An engineers letter won't matter. It's all about how you want to do the job. Approving the work based on a letter is one way to go but it is still you that signs the permit.