• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

good enough?

% % % %

The posted sign is 100% correct !

Unfortunately, the assistance will have to come from the attorneys !

Sheesh ! :confusion:

% % % %

The criminals are suing down the street from me now, the defense lawyers are going after the bastards for not paying taxes on the money they extort from businesses, that's how they finally got AL Capone, when they couldn't get him for bootlegging and murder they finally put him away for tax evasion. For some reason disability income is tax-free, that;s always been a scam, its' called "Chief's Disease", all kinds of civil servants fall out fo their office chairs near retirement and file for disability, the disability portion o0f their income is tax-free for life.

\ said:
IRS and federal prosecutors have launched a criminal investigation into serial disability access plaintiff Scott Johnson, who has moved his lawsuit operation to the Bay Area in recent months, to determine whether he has paid taxes on his alleged millions of dollars in settlements, multiple sources told this newspaper.Unless a plaintiff suffered physical injuries as a result of a civil settlement, that individual must pay taxes on the monetary award, tax experts said. It is unclear whether Johnson paid any taxes on any of his Americans with Disabilities Act settlements with thousands of businesses in California that he alleged obstructed his access as a paralyzed customer using a wheelchair. He and his attorney did not return requests for comment.

In December 2015, attorney Catherine Corfee, who often represents small businesses sued by Johnson, said she received an email from a federal prosecutor that there was a criminal grand jury probe into Johnson's "treatment of settlement proceeds for ADA lawsuits."

The attorney recounted more than a decade opposing Johnson in court and how he would try to add physical injury wording to the settlements despite not alleging any such damages in the original complaint.

"I have refused to allow the words 'caused injury' to make sure he pays his taxes," Corfee said.

"I'm not going to participate in tax fraud," she said. "Not one of my cases did I ever need to request medical records. If you don't allege (physical injuries) in the lawsuit, then why settle for it?"

But, she said, other attorneys and defendants may not be as careful when finalizing their settlements.

However, last year, Johnson arrived in his van and asked the owner if he could buy a foot of hydraulic pipe. The owner did him a favor, Carter said, and was rewarded by Johnson suing him for not providing handicap parking, having a counter too high and a noncompliant door handle.

"We're not dealing with the public. He screwed up when dealing with this property," Carter said.

Ironically, Carter uses an electric scooter himself to move around because of a genetic back condition, and is acutely aware of access issues.

"If anybody is sensitive to being handicapped, it's me." ¹
Note the language, the criminal civil rights extortionists use the word "disabled", good people unfortunately impaired use the word "handicapped".

Note: Once we get off vBulletin we should be able to control spacing when quoting.

¹ http://www.eastbaytimes.com/news/ci_29826595/ada-serial-plaintiff-probed-by-irs-federal-prosecutors-in-criminal-probe

PAR-1026-Pleased-To-Provide-Assistance-Sign-12x12.gif

disabled-customer-assistance-sign-3.gif

pleased-to-provide-assistance-sign-k2-0218.png

What if you provide assistance but are not pleased about it? Is there a law that says I have be happy about it?

Brent.

How's this: "Assistance is available and we are pleased to inform you that we are okay with you patronizing any other business."

Last edited by a moderator:
The criminals are suing down the street from me now, the defense lawyers are going after the bastards for not paying taxes on the money they extort from businesses, that's how they finally got AL Capone, when they couldn't get him for bootlegging and murder they finally put him away for tax evasion. For some reason disability income is tax-free, that;s always been a scam, its' called "Chief's Disease", all kinds of civil servants fall out fo their office chairs near retirement and file for disability, the disability portion o0f their income is tax-free for life.Note the language, the criminal civil rights extortionists use the word "disabled", good people unfortunately impaired use the word "handicapped".

Note: Once we get off vBulletin we should be able to control spacing when quoting.

¹ http://www.eastbaytimes.com/news/ci_29826595/ada-serial-plaintiff-probed-by-irs-federal-prosecutors-in-criminal-probe
Do you mean like above