• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Board? Right, Wrong, Needs Work, The Future?

Hey Jim, I just saw where he said he was close to you, assumed in WY. Yes, your annual conference is good affordable training also.

Take care!

jpranch, ..I was actually able to get my county to pay for my membership. As far as training
in north Dakota, in the last year there has only been one training in Fargo. I was able to go
to that one before I moved to the County from the city fire department. I have not heard
of any other training within the state. That training was put on by the MN state fire marshal
I have not been able to go to the big conference in MN yet. I hope I am allowed to next
year. Even though I have an ICC cert, I am looking at going to a fire based training,
since it cost so much for ICC credits and tests. I am closer to WY than MN. Where I
live in ND however, I am only really allowed to go to training in states connected to the
state. I will have to look and see if WY is allowed to go to. I was just checking, since in
the the 2015 code you must be a certified inspector. I was hoping the ICC would be
pushing more regional training.

the only required training that ICC has is being able to pass the test.

Ok
Thought he might need ce or training hours just to test

I guess he is looking for on going training??

There is always national fire academy

Almost free

Ok
Thought he might need ce or training hours just to test

I guess he is looking for on going training??

There is always national fire academy

Almost free
Yes you do need to do the normal CEU every 2 or 3 years for each cert that you have for ICC. I forget how many hours you need for each one.