• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC Hearings in Ohio?

JBI

Anyone going to the hearings in Ohio in April?
I may be going from the 21st through the 25th (Saturday through Wednesday) and would like to meet a few of our members while there.

I was in Columbus and got to meet Fatboy, and I most likely can make Virginia. I know our regional group is trying to get the rest of the NE as involved in code development as NY, I just don't know where to find the time....

Reactions: JBI
My bosses are sending me for a few days... so I thought I'd reach out to the group.
Hopefully some will be there while I am.

I'll be there, not sure of the dates yet, waiting to see the schedule to pull the trigger. Schedule is supposed to be out in a couple weeks, I'll post after that.

Reactions: JBI
I'll be there. Arriving on Thursday the 12th for about a week. I have to fly in early for an Audit Committee meeting on the 13th. The ICC board meeting is on the 14th if anybody is interested in sitting in on the open session. It will be at the Hyatt Regency Columbus in the Fairfield room starting at 8:30am. I do not have the agenda yet so I'm not sure at this point on exactly when the open session and closed session are scheduled for. Typically we start with the open portion.

Do you ever go to Eastern States? ESBOF? Or New England at UMass Amherst?
steveray, The last ESBOF conference I attended was in 1993! It was at the old Concord Hotel and I was a newly appointed Code Official in that jurisdiction.