• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Prerequisites for taking CBO exams?

Flexo

I assume that there are prerequisites for taking the CBO exams, but I can't locate them on the ICC website.
Thank you for your insights.

There is not prerequisites for CBO or CFM you just need to be able to pass the tests. but it always helps have knowledge for how to use the codes or the construction business.

No prerequisites are required, but I would suggest starting with some of the inspector exams initially - the CBO series is highly challenging and best suited to those with extensive code experience.

Thank you, Gents.
I do have 7 certifications and act as Building Official in a small town. B.O. is just not part of my official title or compensation, even if I had the certification.

There are experience and oversight requirements. If you go to ibc 2015 appendix A. 10 and 5 year requirement