• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Need to dump old building materials

Stuarthale

We are moving into our new home next month. For that, I was removing all the unwanted items from my home. I don't want to mess my new home. My parents had passed away last year and their room was not touched since then. While cleaning out my parents unit, its full of old building materials, mostly wood (2x4's, old doors, desks). I have a little budget problem now to use a disposal service, so I am wondering if there is like a city dump where I can haul the stuff little by little in my SUV, and if there is, does it cost anything? there is a lot of stuff so it will take me a while, but if there is a place I can dump it, its the only option I have now.
Also if there is a construction waste disposal service that can cost me a little then please do inform me

First call your city and see if there is a dump near by

Our city let’s us do two dumps a year for free

Than call your trash pick up people
They sometimes will do oversize or large pile pickups maybe free maybe some cost, just pile it at the curb

Also ask them what size roll off dumpsters they have and cost, just drop it fill it and done

See if there are used construction material sales, they sale used stuff from places like cabinets doors etc

Lastly if you have the time

Just put some stuff at the curb especially metal and the scrappers will come by and pick what they need

Hire a teenager with a truck and have them haul it, just do not have any identifiers on it, in case the dump it somewhere they are not supposed to

Also consider Jimmy Carters Habitat for Humanity stores, they will pick up materials for free

You need to find a Mr. Haney!

Mr. Haney:
Now, I could move this fine furniture in my spacious padded truck for... seventyfive dollars.

Lisa Douglas:
Twentyfive.

Mr. Haney:
Sixty?

Lisa Douglas:
Fifteen.

Mr. Haney:
Hey, hold it. You're going in the wrong direction. When I'm coming down, you're supposed to be going up.

Lisa Douglas:
Ten.

Mr. Haney:
Mrs. Douglas, you just ain't got the spirit of this thing.

Lisa Douglas:
Five.

I have surprised myself with what I can get into a garbage can. I've gotten them so heavy that I had to take stuff out just to get it to the curb. We have a three yard trash bin at my office. A few days ago I put a couch in it. Of course I had to bust it up some.

We are moving into our new home next month. For that, I was removing all the unwanted items from my home. I don't want to mess my new home. My parents had passed away last year and their room was not touched since then. While cleaning out my parents unit, its full of old building materials, mostly wood (2x4's, old doors, desks). I have a little budget problem now to use a disposal service, so I am wondering if there is like a city dump where I can haul the stuff little by little in my SUV, and if there is, does it cost anything? there is a lot of stuff so it will take me a while, but if there is a place I can dump it, its the only option I have now.
Also if there is a construction waste disposal service that can cost me a little then please do inform me
https://www.google.com/search?ei=mX...ws-wiz.......0j0i71j0i67j0i131i67.JAM80dqZBbc

Contact one of the big box building material stores and see if they have the "Bagster" program. You purchase a big construction bag from the box store and load it up and call them to removes it. The trash service company is involved with this, and may not be available in all areas.