• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Using Rigid Conduit as a Means of Support

jar546

Forum Coordinator
In this old photo of mine, you can see that a single piece of rigid conduit along with unistrut was used to support 3 other vertical pieces of RMC. So, one piece of rigid is being used to support 3 other pieces of rigid and the shut off enclosure to the 4 pieces of unistrut.

Is this a violation since the conduit being used for support is not conduit being used as an active conduit?

If you think so, please cite the NEC code section.

IMAG0110.jpg

The bollard is a nice touch. I wouldn’t have an issue with that as long as it is solid. Stuffing it with concrete would block bugs and you couldn’t bend it if you tried.

Last edited:
I was cleaning out some picture files when I came across this. I did not accept this but unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the fix.

46086655872_858528b986_b.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it it EMT. It was too flimsy for them so they zip-tied it to the plumbing.