• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

water inlet above outlet

jason628

Hello I hope I'm posting in the right area. Anyway, my landlord has an electrician that was fixing another issue when I showed him this system. He said that it was grandfathered in and that it was legal. It's a sliding panel that easily opens. I think it's dangerous but they say it's legal. I have a young son. He knows better now but before I discovered it what it he played around with the valve? I live in Massachusetts and it's a 40 year old trailer.
50267742_276876622988079_9161653992466415616_n.jpg

There is nothing wrong with that outlet being there. There are no codes that would prohibit that installation whatsoever. Since it is a trailer, it follows a different set of rules but even in today's world, that would be a legal installation so it is not grandfathered, it was always legal.