• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Fast Track Projects

redbird11

SAWHORSE
Hello,
I am most familiar with the design-bid-build process, but am now beginning a design/build project with multiple fast track document issuances. I have been advised to meet with the plans examiner earlier than usual to discuss the way the documents are packaged. Anyone have experience/advice on the best approach for packaging documents for this delivery method? And managing revisions?

don't let them push you.
It is our option to issue permits in part not a mandatory requirement.
So my take is it all depends on my comfort level of the project team, I will not issue foundation permit unit till the code summary pages the floor plans and structural steel and document to confirm lift safety system are though out.
Remember lack of planning on there part does not constitute an emergency on my part, and once you issue a permit it is hard to take it back.

I was talking with an RDP today and he wants to know if the project was fast track, does he get double the fee? and what project was not considered fast track anymore?