• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

An alternative to post-tension?

jar546

Forum Coordinator
This does have an ICC-ES report and it looks rather interesting. I don't know about testing for seismic areas. Your thoughts?

DELTABEAM® is a superior composite beam enabling slim-floors for multi-story buildings of any type, whether low-rise or high-rise. Its composite action between steel and concrete allows for creative structures with large open spaces.

Underwriter laboratories (UL) fire tests have proven DELTABEAM® has excellent fire resistance without any additional protection. Its shallow design decreases a building’s floor-to-floor height while eliminating conflicts with HVAC systems.

https://www.peikkousa.com/products/deltabeam-slim-floor-structures/overview/

Doesn't appear to be approved for California yet and requires more colums given 27" span limit,
Parking structures vs hotel uses or not?
Might bounce a lot.

given 27" span limit,

I didnt see that. Seems awfully short. I did see a comment on thd opening page that it can span 30 ft.

ADAguy ... re-read what you typed. 27 inch span. Thats the same as a 5/4 deck board.

https://www.peikkousa.com/products/deltabeam-slim-floor-structures/technical-information/

15 to 55 feet in length 20 to 40 ft clear span

TABLE NOTES

Top Left Corner (green): DELTABEAM® Span (ft) with 50 psf Live Load

Bottom Right Corner (blue): DELTABEAM® Span (ft) with 100 psf Live Load

2” Topping and 30 psf miscellaneous superimposed dead load assumed for all cases.

Deltabeam_span_table_USA.jpg

50 PSF LL seems a bit light to support furniture and moving traffic as in humans and cars.

50 PSF LL seems a bit light to support furniture and moving traffic as in humans and cars.
Check out IBC T1607.1... 50psf is the specified LL for offices.

Definitely not intended for a garage application (i.e. supporting cars).

2018 IBC
14. Garages (passenger vehicles only) is 40 psf

Note "a" concentrated load and note "o"
a. Floors in garages or portions of buildings used for the storage of motor vehicles shall be designed for the uniformly distributed live loads of this table or the following concentrated loads: (1) for garages restricted to passenger vehicles accommodating not more than nine passengers, 3,000 pounds acting on an area of 41/2 inches by 41/2 inches; (2) for mechanical parking structures without slab or deck that are used for storing passenger vehicles only, 2,250 pounds per wheel.
o. Live load reduction is only permitted in accordance with Section 1607.11.1.3 or Item 2 of Section 1607.11.2.