• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

S-1 2021 IBC

Code

Haven't been on for a while, hope everyone is doing well!

I've got a potential project coming into my jurisdiction that is proposing to use the 2021 code to add an additional floor to a storage facility. We have allowed designers to use either our adopted, or if we have one teed up for adoption during the preliminary meetings, but never anything else.

Would/have anyone allow this in their area? Thoughts?

That's what I thought. Assuming that it passes, would you guys allow a newer version of the code as a comparable, or equivalent? Seems like an enforcement nightmare. I'm assuming that it would come with all the other 2021 code and applicable references.

Even if it is not in a published code, you could possibly get/give a modification for just cause....Just using that section, I assume not the entire code? I would just make sure that it is not based on some other safety item increased elsewhere in the code, or if it is, that you get that part as well....

It would be good to discuss this with somebody at the state level If your state adopts the IBC with state amendments.

Aren't we voting on that in like a month?

Height and Area, this would have been IBC-G, so it was in the A cycle, which they just released the confirmed results of the cycle.

That is why I was asking if Code knew the Code Change number, so I could look it up.

Height and Area, this would have been IBC-G, so it was in the A cycle, which they just released the confirmed results of the cycle.

That is why I was asking if Code knew the Code Change number, so I could look it up.

Soooo much more to learn about the process and time to participate.....Vegas might be my last ABM unless I can drive to them or my Town coins up....

It would be tough to do if I didn't have my Chapter's support, and the City's.

I did get a ICC Code of Honor Scholarship match for $1,000, with the $1,000 from the Chapter, I am set.