• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Beware of Fake Books

Glenn

Here's a little "code training" thread about buying code books. Be careful when you find a deal online.

Here's a follow up video with more clues to spot a fake and something else I discovered about the quality of the product.

How do you tell if you got a fake ICC CD? Got a CD on ebay with all of the 2015 ICC codes cheep. Don't know if used or not but it looked new.

I haven't seen a CD from ICC with all the Codes on it in like....never. The last on I saw/had was the 1997 UBC.

ICC Codes are always downloads of pdf's.

Maybe I am missing something?

I wouldn't know. Never bought anything from ICC. Always used Amazon and ebay to get used books because my state is always a couple editions behind.
Yeah it's ridiculous how cheap they can get. 2000 IBC's are going for $0.50 right now from some sellers.

I haven't seen a CD from ICC with all the Codes on it in like....never. The last on I saw/had was the 1997 UBC.

ICC Codes are always downloads of pdf's.

Maybe I am missing something?

I have a set here with the 2003 codes on it. A whole bunch of CD's in a fancy binder with ICC trademarks all over it. Somebody before me must have found it somewhere..