• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Getting work done where I live. Code Violations.

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Replacing all of the exterior windows and doors in the house with hurricane-impact. Permit was pulled. They knew the day the contract was signed that I am an inspector. They said they would send their A-Team for this project. Already they don't know how to follow the NOAs for attachment. Wrong screws, wrong depth, wrong method. The engineer clearly called out the type screws right down the the manufacturer (Florida approved) and still wrong. Where are the professionals these days?

They are the A team.

At least you know what to look for and when to get the whip out.

Jar, I feel your pain. Recently I had weather related damage to my roof, siding and deck. Subsequently I’ve been completing inspections for the same with an average of 1/15 passing inspection the first time or receiving phone calls from homeowners in areas that’s do not have an ordinance requiring these inspections but feel the work completed is incorrect.

Needless to say I am maintaining a slim list of contractors who are the A Team. I’m holding off on my work until the dust settles a bit and the out of state companies go away, far away.

"You" are not "alone" Jar.
Fortunately we resolved all issues and I am enjoying my remodeled bathroom.
Thank goodness for my spouse who CM'd it, picked up materials and used her "Bar" card as a club (smiling).