• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Comcheck IECC & ASHRAE 2007

QuestionThat

Entering data into comcheck for a Medical Office Building.
For fenestration components when I select "assembly" and "metal frame with thermal break" I'm given various performance data options to select from. One of the options is "Product performance evaluated in accordance with NFRC". When I select this option it is requiring that I enter SHGC & U values for the overall product. Not sure what this is asking for. The overall storefront assembly or the IGU assembly. My thinking would be for the IGU because asking me for the frame type so assume that would be taken into consideration for type specified in calculating the proposed U factor.
Anyone familiar enough with comcheck that can help with this?
Have other questions related to NFRC and certification/ demonstration of compliance as well if I can get to the bottom of this.
Thanks.

I think it is asking for the window frame and glazing assembly SHGC and U values.