• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

abbreviations in plan checking

@ ~ @

SS - might also be Stainless Steel or Sanitary Sewer

Also, ...related to foundations and the placement of steel rebar,
...18" O.C., E.W. equals 18 inches On Center, Each Way

$ % $

Size of opening in mm. I'm assuming this is a government project, so metric must be used.

As far as the abbreviations go...I'm at a loss for most of them.
That's it! the Canadian building code is all done in metric. Imperial still rules the worksite.
Thank you for your help guys:D

Any drawing set should have an abbreviations list for this reason...if we don't know what the abbreviations are how can we review plans?

Exactement. I may know 'em, I may not. I just finished a plans review with a symbol [ F ]. I thought it might be a fire-alarm pull, but they're in places where fire pulls ought not to be. I flagged the need for a pull, gave the code reference, noted the plans stated pulls must be installed.

No indication of the meaning of the symbol. Or, in other words, I had no idea WT [ F ] it meant.