• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Porti-potty required?

SCBO1

Platinum Member
Does any of the I-codes require a porti-potty at a job site or is that just a common courtesy?

May be written in your municode?

From the 18 IPC

SECTION 311
TOILET FACILITIES FOR WORKERS

311.1 General.
Toilet facilities shall be provided for construction
workers and such facilities shall be maintained in a
sanitary condition. Construction worker toilet facilities of the
nonsewer type shall conform to PSAI Z4.3.

Thanks, fb, I didn't think to look there fro some reason.

Also I found OSHA rules:

Per OSHA standards, employers with 20 or fewer employers must provide one toilet to their workers. Employers with 20 or more employees must provide one toilet and one urinal per 40 workers. If an employer has 200 or more employees, one toilet and one urinal is required for every 50 employees.Feb 15, 2018

For those under the UPC (CPC) codes;
422.5 Toilet Facilities for Workers
Toilet facilities shall be provided and maintained in a sanitary condition for the use of workers during construction.

For those under the UPC (CPC) codes;
422.5 Toilet Facilities for Workers
Toilet facilities shall be provided and maintained in a sanitary condition for the use of workers during construction.

CalOSHA requires fresh water washing facilities attached to PortaPotties now, of course you guys don't, and shouldn't, enforce CalOSHA.