• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Can BX/AC be run through EMT?

Josh@sip

Renting a space where there is a drop ceiling that we will be removing I'd like to organize the bx/ac that will be seen once the ceiling is removed. The AC has a grounding wire that wraps around the sheath so I'm wondering - to keep things simple and not have to re run wiring - if the ac can be run through EMT at the lengths that it is already at? Let me know. Thanks!

Not sure how your going to get EMT around a refrigeration line set and low voltage control wires without disconnecting the refrigerant lines.
You want to look for something you can install without having to disconnect everything.

Not sure how your going to get EMT around a refrigeration line set and low voltage control wires without disconnecting the refrigerant lines.
You want to look for something you can install without having to disconnect everything.
BX/AC is a light weight armored cable.

I don't believe the OP is dealing with a refrigeration line set from an AC unit.