• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Ads Update 21 Jan 2020

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I still don't have an answer as to why we are seeing ads show up on threads now. I did not change settings nor do I know how to change settings. In order to do that I have to pay the IT guy that helps us with this site.

If, however, I see an increase in ad revenue from Google then I think I will be happy. Why?

We used to have over 110 Sawhorses plus some Supporters and Corporate Supporters at one time and now if I combine all 3 categories we have about 67. Each week I get an email from someone or notification from Paypal that one of the Sawhorses has not renewed. Not a problem. The ads will help with this situation.

It has been 10 years since I put a lot of out of pocket money into this site, a ton of work and then with the help of many of you past and present due to your financial help was able to grow this site, update and upgrade it. We are now on our 4th server upgrade since we started due to the amount of traffic we have.

I have decided not to spend money just to have our IT guy figure out why we have ads showing up on threads where we did not before. I appreciate each and every person whether they lurk, post, become paying members or all three. This would not exist without all of you.

Thank you for understanding.

Jeff

Sounds good to me.

Do sawhorses get a notice their renewal is due??

Seems like I do not notice it, till I cannot post pictures anymore.

Sounds good to me.

Do sawhorses get a notice their renewal is due??

Seems like I do not notice it, till I cannot post pictures anymore.

Yes they do but even after 3 years of emails telling them not to. Some still renew under the old system and price.

I have never received a notification, but I am sure it must be time for me to re up my membership.
Can you let me know the correct way to do that? Do not want to go the old wrong route.

I have never received a notification, but I am sure it must be time for me to re up my membership.
Can you let me know the correct way to do that? Do not want to go the old wrong route.

Go to your profile drop down, got to "Account Upgrades" towards the middle/bottom of the right hand column of choices.

Proceed from there.

I agree, the ads are worth the increased revenue if it helps keep the forum breathing. Just gotta get used to them, no big deal to me.