• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Old images no longer available

Darren Emery

Hello all,

Been a while. 5 years or more perhaps? I used to post quite a bit, but not for some time.

We have a number of new inspectors in our office, and I've been pointing them all towards this forum, as I learned so much over the years reading, posting, and debating with you all about important code stuff!

My question: it seems that the links to many of the images on old threads are no longer accurate. They link to images, but not the right ones. I'm wondering if I'm missing a step, or a setting? Or perhaps a lot of those old links broke during one of the server upgrades?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Darren

Welcome back prodigal BO.

I think a mix of both server change and links die on the internet.

Jar might say it better.

Two things happened.
1st, when we changed servers and some of the photos did not transfer.
2nd, People who did not upload photos and placed links to them created an issue because many of the links where they have them are not good or the photos were deleted from where they were. This is why I prefer that people upload photos to our server.

Thanks to both for your replies. It's good to be back :) Certainly understand the tech challenges that come with running a site like this. Thanks Jar - for all you've done over the years to keep us talking!