• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC interpretations

Sifu

SAWHORSE
I haven't been able to access any interpretations or technical opinions on the ICC website for a while now. Anybody else having the same problem? I just get the spinning wheel of death and a blank screen.

I haven't been able to access any interpretations or technical opinions on the ICC website for a while now. Anybody else having the same problem? I just get the spinning wheel of death and a blank screen.

Can you post a link to them.

Which search engine are you usingb

I am Chrome to go to the ICC website. It has always worked until recently.

I am Chrome to go to the ICC website. It has always worked until recently.

You want me to venture to the dark side, without a road map.

I get lost there, trying to find stuff. Throw a forum member a link!!!

The link is through my ICC account but it only takes you to the dashboard. From their when selecting the interpretations it just goes to "about:blank".
Not sure you can get there without an ICC account.

https://my.iccsafe.org/dashboard

BTW, I also get lost there. It is a terrible website to navigate, but it is getting better-little by little.

The whole statement ...???
Are code interpretations available to everyone?

No.

It is a member service, supported by membership dues.

Staff code opinions are available over the telephone at any of the ICC District Offices (Birmingham, Chicago and Los Angeles) and in written response to written inquiry. Committee interpretations are formal interpretations issued by the ICC Formal Interpretation Committee and are only available in written response to a written inquiry.

If you are not a member, we recommend using the ICC forums as an alternative way to speak with members of the community on questions.

I am a member, both personally and through my jurisdiction. I have to sign in to my account (MyICC) just to get the option to click on the link. Even if I wasn't it would seem natural for the link to direct me to a page that told me I can only access them if I were a member. The "page not available" leads me to believe it is an IT problem.

I just sent an email asking what is wrong. I'll report back if I get any useful information.

I got a canned email back saying I had to be a member. I guess they missed the part where I gave them my member number! I called them and got right through. The rep said he couldn't get in either. He confirmed it was not a problem on my end, he says he believes they are working on it.

I got a canned email back saying I had to be a member. I guess they missed the part where I gave them my member number! I called them and got right through. The rep said he couldn't get in either. He confirmed it was not a problem on my end, he says he believes they are working on it.
Thank you for the update, please keep us posted. I am in the same boat, member through employer and personally. Page just stalls out every time.

Still the spinning wheel of death when trying to access through myicc account.

However for just $28.95 I can purchase and get immediate access for what has been available with immediate access for free online since ICC was formed

2018 International Code Interpretations (PDF Download)
Item #: 8950P863
PRICE: $36.00
MEMBER PRICE: $28.95
MEMBER SAVINGS: $7.05
PURCHASE THE PDF DOWNLOAD VERSION AND GET IMMEDIATE ACCESS!!! This convenient option is a searchable PDF download that requires a PDF Reader. This option is mobile friendly and compatible with all devices, including mobile tablets and smart phones. The PDF Download is licensed per individual in which the individual can place on up to four electronic devices for their personal use. Distribution of the PDF is not permitted. For a volume license the PDF is licensed to the person in which it is assigned. Use on a local area network or other network is not permitted.

ALL PDF DOWNLOAD SALES ARE FINAL.

Still the spinning wheel of death when trying to access through myicc account.

However for just $28.95 I can purchase and get immediate access for what has been available with immediate access for free online since ICC was formed

2018 International Code Interpretations (PDF Download)
Item #: 8950P863
PRICE: $36.00
MEMBER PRICE: $28.95
MEMBER SAVINGS: $7.05
PURCHASE THE PDF DOWNLOAD VERSION AND GET IMMEDIATE ACCESS!!! This convenient option is a searchable PDF download that requires a PDF Reader. This option is mobile friendly and compatible with all devices, including mobile tablets and smart phones. The PDF Download is licensed per individual in which the individual can place on up to four electronic devices for their personal use. Distribution of the PDF is not permitted. For a volume license the PDF is licensed to the person in which it is assigned. Use on a local area network or other network is not permitted.

ALL PDF DOWNLOAD SALES ARE FINAL.
I sincerely hope that this is not what ICC will force us into.... and what happens when a new interpretation is released? Must we pay the full price again? :mad: