• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Icc commercial plumbing inspector exam

I want to take P2 commercial pumbing test (ICC). It has three books, IPC, IFGC and ICC/ANSI A 117-1-2003.

I want to ask about IFGC and ICC/ANSI A 117-1-2003. What I assume is that I have to prepare ICC/ANSI A 117-1-2003 only from those chapters which are relted to plumbing like chapter 6 full, chapter 4 which is related to plumbing like clear width, toe and knee clearance, manouvering clearance etc. Type A and Type B units, dish washers. I THINK NOT FUL BOOK.

Similarly from IFGC chpter 4 gas piping installation, and chapter 3.

No dought about IPC.

Can some body guide me to how and how much hould I prepare from IFGC and ICC/ANSI A 117-1-2003. And usualy how many questions come from these two bookks i.e IFGC and ICC/ANSI A 117-1-2003.

Gauher

Sounds to me like you have a pretty good handle on it. Breaking down the exam content outline, those are exactly the sections of the IFGC and ANSI that may be covered by the exam.

It wouldn't hurt to get a comprehensive knowledge of the entire IFGC and ANSI books, but definetely not needed for exam prep.