• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ICC's new code forum announced

Glad to see that the news has spread to here, and hope to see as many of you at least trying out the Forum, at least once.

I understand otherwise, and it has been too long since I have posted on here. I will probably be bouncing back and forth a bit, but still, thanks to all those on here who helped out in anyway, even the negative criticism is appreciated.

Like I always say, if I want to hear something nice, I'll call my mom.

I hope that this is seen as a step in the right direction. And yes, we still have plenty of work to do, with the growth of the board, and in other areas. And some might see it as too little to late, which is completely understandable.

This board is great, and deserves the devotion users have dedicated to it.

Anyway, call me, send me an email. I always look forward to hearing from anyone of you.

You want my info though, you'll have to dig through my old posts. Odds are, someone will toss it up on here, or my blog or what I had for lunch today. Maybe my SSN while we're at it...lol

Cheers.

V767

V767 said:
Glad to see that the news has spread to here, and hope to see as many of you at least trying out the Forum, at least once. V767
I did try it out. I figured that since the ICC sends me email, the least I could do is give them a shot. It worked better than I expected. I got a message that I can't log on because my email address is not in their system. So I tried to create an account but I was denied because there is already an account with that same email address in the system. Now that you've announced the new/old forum, be sure to announce when it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please keep it civil. At least I am not getting complaints about this thread yet so how about keeping it that way. Still dealing with flood devastation and really don't have the time.

Now enjoy

jar546 said:
Please keep it civil. At least I am not getting complaints about this thread yet so how about keeping it that way. Still dealing with flood devastation and really don't have the time.Now enjoy
Sorry about that. I didn't mean to harsh his gig.:cool:

ICE said:
Sorry about that. I didn't mean to harsh his gig.:cool:
ICE, thanks. I have met Kyle a few times. He is a good hand. I do not know how this will all work out, but I'll bet there is room for both. It's still a big world.

I can't access it either. Same problem as ICEman.

I miss the "old" board. but if thay don't want me then @%#$ 'em

I wonder if it has anything to do with my response to a survey about ICC services - probably not.

but I suggested under the comments that by requiring membership and groups and restricting the use of the BOARD to

those that they were missing an opportunity at developing familiarity with the Site, Product and Purpose of the ICC

and they may be better served by an open type (old Stlye ) forum that might actually lead to more interaction and therefore sales

brudgers said:
Does Uncle Bob really need two of his very own forums?
Neither one is going anywhere. Bob's homegrown forum is doing better than the ICC's forum. The ICC didn't merely shoot themselves in the foot, they blew a leg off.

ICE said:
Neither one is going anywhere. Bob's homegrown forum is doing better than the ICC's forum. The ICC didn't merely shoot themselves in the foot, they blew a leg off.
ice,

thanks for the report from the frontline. I don't have the huevos to go there, you are a brave man and a good reporter:mrgreen:

I've been there a few times, even posted, it is getting a very slow start. This forum grew in leaps and bounds in comparison. Have also looked at UB's venue, my understanding is he didn't start it, that would be packsaddle, it also is pretty slow.

This is the place to be.