• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Shower pan.

ICE

Oh Well
This is also in another thread but I thought it needed to show up as a thread in plumbing. Sorry if you've already seen it.

Here is a perfect example of a no that I ran into today. The job is a room add. with H/O permits and a corner crew. The crew speaks no English. At the frame inspection with the team assembled, I explained, with drawings, how to install a shower pan. I also told the owner that he should hire someone with skill to do this portion of the work. There are guys out there that do nothing but shower pans. They aren't that expensive and they are worth every dime. This is what they presented. To top it off, the floor is flat and I stressed the slope vigorously when I wasted my time the first time.

So should I :banghd and write corrections?

DSCN1745.jpg

Soap shelves or a shoe closet.

DSCN1746.jpg

is that a whiskey flash in the huge soap holder? If it is that might explain the good workmanship.

Shower pan liner meets ASTM standards, maybe Oatley should put the instructions in Spanish or Latin?