• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Retro-fit windows

ICE

Oh Well
Staff member
The exterior was stucco which was removed. OSB has been installed. New window openings for 12 windows are framed. This is the first requested inspection visit which was rough electrical. The plan is to install retro-fit windows and they contend that the window installation instructions show it done like this. I haven't seen the instructions but I have reservations.

DSCN1939.jpg

The installation instructions for a retrofit window, as bad as they are, assume that an existing window, replete with flashing, is left in place. Your picture appears to show a newly framed window opening without a flashed window left in place to retrofit.

I see no retro-fit, I see framing, awh......let the sun shine in!

pc1