• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Bomb's away!

ICE

Oh Well
Staff member
There is a 1.5 billion dollar solar installation being built that contains 4.5 million panels. The panels are to be assembled in strings of 15 which puts the voltage near 1000 volts. The problem is that the connectors are listed to a maximum of 600 volts. So either 9 million 1000 volt connectors must be installed or rework the project with 9 panel strings. The political pressure to roll over is huge.

Source, please.

This is, from your descrpition, very poor engineering

"The political pressure to roll over is huge." The political pressure to be green is huge.

Dang dude, that is a bad spot to be in. I say you hang tough, if someone else wants to approve due to pressure, let them. Note your concerns, and document, document, and.......document.

Now that whole pesky thing that we all paid for, you know, oh yeah solyndra, it starts to make sense why they failed us tax payers and their biggest fan the Big O.

The green folk have a lot of dopes in the midst.

Of course anyone who believes in the hockey stick science is suspect.

[. The political pressure to roll over is huge.

Speak boy! Get the stick! Play dead! You must never get bored! as fatboy said document.

fatboy said:
Dang dude, that is a bad spot to be in. I say you hang tough, if someone else wants to approve due to pressure, let them. Note your concerns, and document, document, and.......document.
It's not me. I do have insider knowledge.