• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

The 2012 ICC - Swimming Pool And Spa Code

north star

Sawhorse
$ + $

Our office has received a copy of the 2012 - ICC Swimming Pool

and Spa Code........Does anyone know if this "new" code has

any certification testing available [ i.e. - can someone now test

to be a certified Swimming Pool And Spa inspector? ].

Thanks!

$ + $

APPROVED AGENCY. An established and recognized agency regularly engaged in conducting tests or furnishing inspection services, when such agency has been approved by the code official

How's that for a wishy washy definition

+ + +

Coug Dad,

Can you please explain in simpler terms?.....I'm kinda slow!

Does "The Cow" offer testing, or will they be offering

testing on their "new" code?

+ + +

I got mine yesterday. Funny my first thought was "Now there will be a pool & spa inspetor certification". I would put good money on the yes there will be side.

Just seems like this could have been a chapter in the IBC.

fatboy said:
Y'all getting this book for free, are they just sending it out?
By free, you mean aside from the $10,000 we spend every 3 years for books, commentaries, CD's and training seminars??

We did not order or pay for it in the actual write a check sense.

Dear Governmental Members

We are writing you on behalf of the Internat...(ICC) during this , our Year of the Member, to express our appreciation for the central role.....blah blah blah

As a small measure of thanks, we are pleased to present you with the enclosed complimentary copy of the newest I-Code blah blah blah...

LGreene said:
What does it say about locking/latching of the interior doors leading to the pool in a hotel or recreation facility?http://www.inspectpa.com/forum/showthread.php?8623-Pool-Hardware
I'm looking through the code now and it really doesn't address pools inside of buildings. Section 305 Barrier Requirements 305.2 talks about Outdoor swimming pool and spas. All of the subsections under 305.2 talks about the requirement i.e. barrier height, openings, chain link etc. But in my opinion these sections are all about "outdoor" swimming pools.

Then Section 305.3 Gates covers all pools. But no mention of doors.

305.4 Structure wall as barrier.... mentions doors however it starts off by saying....Where a wall of a dwelling or structure serves as part of the barrier, doors and operable windows...blah blah... The goes on to talk about the alarms and self closing devices... researching further... gotta go :)

+ + +

Lori,

From Section 305.2, `12 ISPSC: Outdoor swimming pools and spas.

All outdoor aquatic vessels and indoor swimming pools shall be surrounded

by a barrier that complies with :Next('./icod_ispsc_2012_3_sec005_par002.htm')'>Sections 305.2.1 through 305.7.

From Section 305.3 - Gates:

Access gates shall comply with the requirements of Sections 305.3.1

through :Next('./icod_ispsc_2012_3_sec005_par015.htm')'>305.3.3 and shall be equipped to accommodate a locking device.

Pedestrian access gates shall open outward away from the vessel and

shall be self-closing and have a self-latching device.

A "gate" may be considered a door in this case, ...maybe!

+ + +

I'm starting to feel like a red-headed stepchild, I haven't received a copy yet....... :pitty

Oh, I'm not terribly upset......just feel all left out........you know, the last kid picked for the team.....

fatboy said:
Oh, I'm not terribly upset......just feel all left out........you know, the last kid picked for the team.....
fatboy,

Tom Brady was selected 199th and the 6th quarterback of his draft class .... I'm sure you'll do great also! ; )

fatboy said:
The ICC don't like you! They are never going to like you and are not going to even think about liking you!

fatboy said:
played a whole lot of right field i would guess! So do you give the old jocks turned builders a thorough inspection now? :mrgreen:

Nah, that would be basketball for me.......I had wheels for baseball. And, everyone gets the thorough inspection.... small man syndrome.

JK ;)