• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

2 #4 top and bottom

The note I wrote is the typical note that I find on plans. The note in the picture is a step in the right direction.

= ( * ) =

ICE,

Please list the code section that requires two # 4 bars at the top and

two # 4 bars at the bottom.

= ( * ) =

north star said:
= ( * ) =ICE,

= ( * ) =
All of our soil is classified as expansive. I don't have the time right now to look up a code section.

north star said:
= ( * ) =ICE,

= ( * ) =
We have a local amendment requiring 2 & 2 due to expansive soils. Ice likely does also

mj

Ice, CRC R403.1.3.1

Foundation with stemwalls shall have installed a minimum of one # 4 bar within 12 inches of the top and one #4 bar located 3 to 4 inches from the bottom of the footing.

David Henderson said:
Ice, CRC R403.1.3.1 Foundation with stemwalls shall have installed a minimum of one # 4 bar within 12 inches of the top and one #4 bar located 3 to 4 inches from the bottom of the footing.
There is another section that says that if there is expansive soil the foundation shall be designed per the CBC. Somewhere in there is a requirement for 2&2 if there is expansive soil.

+ * + * +

What if there is no stem wall associated with the foundation,

is a minimum of 1 & 1 still required, or is there a specific

code section for your expansive soils, ...or is this possibly a

local amendement ?

* + * + *

( = = )

"Are they bonding that rebar as a CEE?"
I seriously doubt it........I think that they are trying to movefast enough to miss the Tiger's inspections !

( = = )