• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

A Big Thanks to Chris Kennedy (The Romex King)

jar546

Forum Coordinator
A special thank you to our other Admin, Chris Kennedy. Chris gets up every morning around 430am and logs onto the forum to check for spam. During his lunch, you can find him logged on and checking threads, moderating and on a rare occasion, posting. He has been an integral part of this forum since its inception and probably the most knowledgable electric code gurus I know. He has schooled me more times than I have schooled him and I look up to him like the big brother I never had.

Here is a pic of Chris in the wild working with his favorite product, NM Cable. If anyone has any Romex questions, he is the man to ask. Oh and for the record, his pocket protector falls out approximately 5 times a day when he bends over to work. Suggestions on how to retain the protector would be appreciated.

IMG_6632.jpg

For the record, there is zero Romex on my truck. When Jeff was working with us, I would get to work and find rolls of the stuff hidden in my truck, in my cooler.
That guy is easily amused.

Hope everyone is enjoying this time off.
The wife and I are camping and Jeff came up for a visit yesterday.

its always a pleasure to see him but I find myself looking around to see if he played a practical joke on me.

Thanks to ALL Admin's, Jeff included. For me, this site has been my reference to other jurisdictions, code changes, or interpretations. Especially the archives, I don't always agree or apply the same but it helps to know other AHJ's are more restrictive than mine. It's a plus to not have to read thru the junk mail (thanks Chris).
Again, THANK YOU ALL!