• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

A crappy tale.

ICE

Oh Well
Staff member
The contractor excavated the pool and placed the steel. The sewer for the dwelling ran through the back yard to a trunk line in an alley and the contractor interrupted 15' of it with a swimming pool. The deep end was full.

I didn't post a picture because you haven't had dinner yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
chris kennedy said:
Pic to come latter?
The picture is in a laptop that died. There were a few thousand pictures and I may take it to someone that can retrieve them. If I can find it.

chris kennedy said:
Did you try hitting it with a large hammer? More often than not I find that scares them into functioning,
Maybe I'll take it to Starbucks and smash the one on the table next to me. That aught to get the point across.

my thoughts, too Fireguy... no one noticed that the sewer was in the REAR of the property?

Oh I'm sure that they noticed the clay pipe and hauled away the evidence.

The plumbers only do pools so they didn't care.

The rod busters saw the holes and thought nothing of it.

The electrician being the smartest of the trades thought: I better get this done before somebody flushes a toilet.

The pool contractor took a quick look before he paid the subs and missed it.

The clueless H/O, that was gone on vacation during the construction, called in a foul odor. As soon as I got there I knew it wasn't fowl that did this.

It was all I could do to keep from laughing.

Last edited by a moderator:
They could have done it this way!

398987298.jpg